From: Sherry Abercrombie [mailto:saber...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 8:47 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: OT: Salary rant

I have to laugh at the irony of this discussion.  Hey Kim, have you heard
the radio advertisements for this place?

http://mycomputercareer.com/

I wish I could record the audio of this radio ad so yall could hear it.
Basically they are saying that even in a down economy all companies still
need computer support and you can earn more money than you've ever earned
before and in as little as three months have the certifications that
employers are looking for.  Stimulus money is available and deferred student
loans are available.

I just want to scream whenever I hear this ad, especially since I'm hearing
it on our local Christian radio station, talk about false advertising
(IMNSHO).

The Dallas/Ft. Worth area has not really been hit so bad in this economy,
but it's not great.  Yeah, I just had my annual review and got a great
raise, but here at our organization, at the first of the year, management
voluntarily elected to forgo their raises for this year....training budget
is non-existent and new hardware is on an as needed basis and it has to be
really needed.  I'm grateful to have a good job, and for management that
sees the long-term benefits of making a personal sacrifice that will benefit
their employees and ultimately them.  Happy employees = loyal employees.
It's a win-win deal for all.