I'll chime in and agree that removing admin rights from regular
accounts is one of the best things you can do.  The rest of the
computer world has been doing it for 50 years or so; it's high time
the Windows world joined in, too.

  We started doing this when we started migrating from Win9X to
2000/XP.  Best thing we ever did.  The amount of trouble due to stupid
things has dropped dramatically.  Users can't screw up their own
computers any more.  We don't have "mystery software" -- no "so-and-so
used to work here and had this program and now we need it but don't
know where it is".  No pollution of user PCs with crap from home or
the Internet.  The virus/malware problem is hugely mitigated by this
alone.

  It's been some work, and it's often still a lot of work when we get
a new application in.  Fortunately, when someone thinks to ask IT
before the sale, I can tell the vendor "fix your LUA bugs or we walk".
 Even for a small company like this, that gets results.

  Someone mentioned "he's a senior admin and I can't really justify
not letting him have admin rights".  I can't speak for the politics in
a particular company, but where I work, nobody has admin rights for
their regular account.  Nobody.  Not the owner, not the president, not
me.  I'm the IT Manager and half the IT department, and my regular
user account has less access than a lot of other people.  I know the
passwords to the admin accounts, of course, but my regular account is
a regular account.

  I strongly believe this should be the first tech improvement
priority in any IT organization that isn't already there.

-- Ben