On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:52 AM, John
Aldrich<jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com> wrote:
> Most of customer service is NOT a local admin (only power user at most.)

  The difference between a "Power User" and an admin is negligible.
Either can destroy the system through accident or design.  "Power
User" was a bad idea from day one.  Call a spade a spade.  I guess
even Microsoft saw the light eventually; Power User is gone with
Vista/2008.

> It’s mainly just the admin people who are local administrators on their
> machines.

  None of the IT admin people here are admins or Power Users on our
local machines. Nor management nor the owner.  Nobody.  Not one.
Zero.  Zip.  Nada.  :-)

  IT people can make mistakes too.  IT people can be tricked by
malware, or have their passwords cracked.  "Principle of Least
Privilege" -- almost all the time, I don't need admin rights on my PC.

  We have separate admin accounts which are only used when needed.
Only IT staff know the passwords.

-- Ben