There is already a lab network with its own AD. It's multiple subnets
on a 10.0.0.0/21 network, whereas the production networks are a series
of subnets in the 192.168.0.0/16 range - I've put a FreeBSD box with
multiple NICs acting as a router between them for communication.

I'm working on putting PF on that router and getting all of the
developer machines on that network.

The first part of all of this, though, is getting policies in place -
there are none currently. Really. Well, there is a poorly defined AUP,
but it's toothless, and hasn't been reviewed since I've been here -
nearly 8 years.

Once I get the executives to sign off on the policies, I can implement my plans.

Kurt