I looked at this for a few days with my cousin a couple of months ago, he
has HD Dish and HD Cox cable and wanted to watch the HD channels on his
mediapc w/ bluray. He currently sees all the standard channels but HD is
just grey screen. We looked at 6-7 different cards and they all appear to
sneakily say' over air HD' or in other words antenna based HD.

Speaking to a rep at Fry's electronics, he said there is no standard
signaling for HD between vendors like it is with analog TV so you cant find
a card to accommodate all of the different signaling being used. IDK if I
believe that but it does kind of make sense.