From: Hilderbrand, Doug [mailto:doug.hilderbr...@craneaerospace.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2009 8:20 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: [OT] web -> HDTV

I have Comcast and have been trying to figure this one out too. I think what
is happening is that the analog TV spectrum has been sold to make $$ for our
benevolent government. Terrestrial signals in that spectrum will now be
cellular, emergency services etc, etc, etc. Those things are not going to be
carried on TV cable systems of course, leaving a big unused spectrum not
making any money for Comcast. So they decided to put digital TV
(pay-per-view?) in the old analog spectrum which HDTV systems are not
equipped to tune. To use it you need some kind of set-top box.

Thank you Comcast

  _____