On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Tim Vander Kooi <tvanderk...@expl.com> wrote:
> You negotiate your SA renewals with Microsoft the same way you
> can negotiate price with them  up front for Licenses and SA.

  How big do you have to be before MSFT starts to care?  When I
checked a few years ago, for my current employer (120 people, ~ 75
computers), we were too small to have any negotiating leverage.  MSFT
told us to call a reseller (e.g., Dell, CDW).  Reseller quotes their
standard price.  :-(

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Tim Vander Kooi <tvanderk...@expl.com> wrote:
> [Software Assurance] also makes a great deal of sense when you
> have an EA or similar since they basically throw the Client OS
> licenses and SA in for free.

  Sounds like this might be a "large vs small company" thing.
Enterprise Agreement is way out of our reach.

-- Ben