From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 4:34 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Win 7 Price

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Tim Vander Kooi <tvanderk...@expl.com> wrote:
> You negotiate your SA renewals with Microsoft the same way you can
> negotiate price with them  up front for Licenses and SA.

  How big do you have to be before MSFT starts to care?  When I checked a few
years ago, for my current employer (120 people, ~ 75 computers), we were too
small to have any negotiating leverage.  MSFT told us to call a reseller (e.g.,
Dell, CDW).  Reseller quotes their standard price.  :-(

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 5:30 PM, Tim Vander Kooi <tvanderk...@expl.com> wrote:
> [Software Assurance] also makes a great deal of sense when you have an
> EA or similar since they basically throw the Client OS licenses and SA
> in for free.

  Sounds like this might be a "large vs small company" thing.
Enterprise Agreement is way out of our reach.

-- Ben