BTW, I would talk to NetApp, Equilogic, EMC, maybe Lefthand.

And SIS (Dedupe) is worth talking about absolutely. Especially if you ever
decide to virtualize.

From: Jonathan Link [mailto:jonathan.l...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 8:37 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: NAS/SAN

I've gotten quotes from vendors for HP, LSI, NetApp, QNap and am working on
an Equallogic quote. Anyone else I should be looking at? Our plan is to get
two of these for DR/Business Continuity purposes and have one of them at a
remote office, and possibly even back the remote one up to tape. J

Am I being too paranoid? Not enough? Anything else I should be looking at?
At first I was really wanting single-instance storage, but the LSI vendor
kind of talked me out of that being a requirement. I get a report every
night from the current storage detailing all duplicate files, and there
aren't that many so I think I can get away with not having
de-duplication/single-instance storage.

Your thoughts, please?

John-AldrichTile-Tools

<<image001.jpg>>