I second the suggestion of running everything back to a switch and then
running 10 Gig fiber from floor to floor. That would give you *tons* of
bandwidth to share out. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: James Kerr [mailto:cluster...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 3:50 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: facilities wiring question

Yeah I was also thinking about just having one fast connection from the 3rd
to the 2nd floor. All the 3rd floor are 100Mb. They have yet to run the
cables from the 3rd to the 2nd. Maybe a 1Gb connection will be able to
sustain about 40 100Mb desktops? Any ideas? Another idea I'm looking into is

having the contractor do the job right of course. I just have to figure out
whose fault it is and take into consideration slowing things down on an
already waaaaaay behind project. We need to move into that building ASAP,
the job is already 6 months behind!

James