  From: Ken Schaefer
  To: NT System Admin Issues
  Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 12:54 AM
  Subject: RE: Where do old PST files go when their accounts are deleted?

  I don't have a POP3 account to test with, but according to Microsoft:

  Note   Removing a POP3, IMAP, or HTTP account does not delete the items that
were sent and received by using the account. If you were using a POP3 account,
you can still use the Personal Folders file (.pst) to work with your items.

  From: Add or Remove an Email Account:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012316341033.aspx

  Seems the Tech may have done something extra to delete the PST file -or- it's
been overwritten by the new one. I don't know what options are available when
setting up a POP3 account, but at least for Exchange accounts, you can choose
the file name.

  Cheers

  Ken