On 22 Jan 2010 at 22:04, Angus Scott-Fleming wrote:

> In Outlook XP/2003, when you delete an account, where does the PST file go?
> One of my clients did this intending to add a new account and save the old
> mail, but all the old mail is gone.  Where did it go?  I can't find any old
> PST
> files on the hard drive.

Thanks to all who chimed in on this thread.  The problem is solved, but
not by any of your suggestions (unfortunately).

The user was using Outlook EXPRESS, not Outlook.  After hours scouring
deleted files looking for traces of lost .PST data, I found the mail in
.DBX folders in the default OE location.

I'm a hero, having found the mail, but it was expen$ive.

Angus

--
Angus Scott-Fleming
http://www.geoapps.com/