On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Angus Scott-Fleming
<angu...@geoapps.com> wrote:
> FWIW when I was still doing tape backups ... I did my "Full" backups
> not on Friday but on Tuesday.

  Good point.  We do ours on "logical Friday".  For Thanksgiving week,
the Friday tape actually gets run on Wednesday.

  On company holidays, no tape is run.  Our backup script simply
coughs and dies if no tape is in the drive.

  I should also mention that Friday tapes get rotated off-site.

  The rotation scheme is good for other media, too, of course, such as
removable disks.

-- Ben