+3
I tested both Cisco Waas, and Riverbed. We we're using a product called Tacit,
that has since been bought and sold and EOL'd now so it was time to change.
Riverbed really outshined Waas. The Cisco product was (and still is IMHO) being
defined inside Cisco, and I had two code upgrade patches that came out during
testing that was like pulling teeth to get to work properly. Exchange 2007 on
Wass with the default encryption was painful, and half-baked at the time (might
be better now).  Also, if you plan on using there remote user solution Cisco's
product is a totally separate product and requires it's own infrastructure. The
Riverbed units, just plain worked great going in. I've had 0 issues or
complaints with file locking issues, or other oddities that used to plague us
with the Tacit solution. The Steelhead mobile clients require a Steelhead
Mobile controller for licensing (can be run on a vm inside a normal Steelhead
server) but they use our already in-place Steelhead servers to connect to, and
the process is pretty seamless. We also got rid of all of our remote office
domain controllers and print servers and run a Windows 2008 vm on the Steelhead
servers in those offices now to reduce our footprint. One complaint I have with
them is that on the smaller units they are still 32-bit, so you can't run
2008R2 on them as a vm although I'm told there going to be "fixing" that issue
soon (which to me means the cpu must already be 64-bit).

Best thing about it is that it just plain works.

Good Luck!
-Greg