I would agree on the cable issue.  I have a box with "APC Cables don't touch
upon pain of death" written on it.  That said our Symettra LX is a tank.
Ours has a management card and it works with "APC Network Shutdown software"
which is free on our windows servers.  The Symettra sends a shutdown signal
to the servers from the management card.  We have had stellar support and
apc has replaced bad batteries with no hassle.

Devin