On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Jon Harris <jk.har...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you ever gotten or know of anyone that
> has gotten a penny from this national program?

  Someone I knew personally?  No.  It does require one do one's own
homework.  You have to request DNC status, record violations, and then
go to court.  It turns out most people just want to bitch and moan.

  People who I believed were telling the truth?  Yes.  The Junkbusters
site is defunct, unfortunately, or I'd cite references.

  There are cases where a telemarketer in violation proves to be hard
to trace.  There was an automotive warranty scam going around last
year I got calls from several times.  I looked into pursuing them, but
it turned out there were bigger things going on.  They were spoofing
caller ID, so they were hard to trace.  They were also violating
several other laws.  They had AG's in several states after them.  I
don't know what happened with it.

  (For the sake of correctness: "National program" isn't really
accurate.  It's a federal law which one can use to press charges in
the court of jurisdiction, i.e., state court of the violator.  It's
not like you submit a rebate request or something.)

-- Ben