I send all cold transfers from reception to VM and the auto attendant screens
all calls for me that dial my extension.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Aldrich
  To: NT System Admin Issues
  Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 1:05 PM
  Subject: Ink & toner "cold callers"

  I'm assuming most of you are like me and in charge of the "consumables" for
your laser copiers/printers/fax machines. How do you have your people trained
to deal with the cold-callers who try to get you to buy the toners?

  Mostly, my users are trained to refer the call to me, but it's starting to
get old with upwards of 3 or 4 calls per week and having to tell them "sorry,
we're under a maintenance contract. Goodbye" and hang up. It's 45 seconds to a
minute I'd rather spend reading this list, etc. J

  I thought about emailing my users and telling them that there are only 3
people who order ink & toner and if the caller doesn't ask for one of us by
name, they aren't our supplier, and that I'd prefer the caller never get passed
along; but I'm afraid that if I do that, someone might go ahead and order toner
from someone other than our normal suppliers. (I don't have a lot of faith in
my "users" J)

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.jpg>>