From: Murray Freeman [mailto:mfree...@alanet.org]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 3:28 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: script SSID for wireless configs

So you are telling me that there are tools that can see something that isn't
being broadcast? I'm having trouble with that concept. If I tturn off the
power altogether, can these"tools" see my wifi? If the broadcast is shut
off, how is it broadcasting? Finally, if these tools can see my SSID, can
they also see the unencrypted password? I can tell you that Inssider tells
me a lot about the wifi's it picks up including it's mac address along with
the manufacturer of the wifi, and the channel in use. But my SSID displays
as unknown. Either wifi is completely unsecure or it isn't. Please explain!

Murray

  _____