From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 6:40 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Big Changes Ahead for IT - Anyone seen this?

The fact is that as technology becomes more prevalent, MOST people desire to
learn less about it.

The ubiquity of automobiles has not led to more auto mechanics, but rather
to an even smaller percentage of car owners being able to deal with even
routine maintenance on a vehicle.

There is no reason to believe that this trend will not manifest itself with
computer technology.

In order to make things
<http://home.asbzone.com/ASB/archive/2009/11/16/where-simplicity-and-technol
ogy-really-intersect.aspx> appear simple enough for the every-day user, the
complexity gets encapsulated somewhere -- typically in the integration
realm.

The main problem is the use of the terms "deploy IT apps" which probably
means something very different to them than it does to us.  Similar to how
people who can put together some basic macros think that they are
"programmers".

-ASB: http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker