If you purchase the Enterprise version of 2k8 R2 I think it comes with 4
virtual licenses.  That would allow for:

VM Host on physical machine

DC1 on Virtual machine 1

DC2 on Virtual machine 2

Exchange server on Virtual machine 3

File server on Virtual machine 4

The only think I have never done is machine 3.  I don't do nor have I ever
touched Exchange but I did have a TechNet person tell me that it was a
supported configuration but depending on what you have running on the front
end of Exchange you would need a really beefy Host to support it but that
would be more for someone Exchange orientated than me to say.

Jon

<<image001.jpg>>

<<image002.png>>