If you buy CPU licenses of Data Center Server you can run as many as you
want.

________________________________

From: Jon Harris [mailto:jk.har...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 5:08 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Virtualisation structural question

If you purchase the Enterprise version of 2k8 R2 I think it comes with 4
virtual licenses.  That would allow for:

VM Host on physical machine

DC1 on Virtual machine 1

DC2 on Virtual machine 2

Exchange server on Virtual machine 3

File server on Virtual machine 4

The only think I have never done is machine 3.  I don't do nor have I
ever touched Exchange but I did have a TechNet person tell me that it
was a supported configuration but depending on what you have running on
the front end of Exchange you would need a really beefy Host to support
it but that would be more for someone Exchange orientated than me to
say.

Jon

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Oliver Marshall <