Ben Scott said:
>>   "Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft."

Actually, not true.

When I was younger, that statement was "Nobody ever got fired for buying IBM."
I know of more than one project that failed trying to move ERP systems from IBM
mainframes to Windows Servers (in the NT 3.51/early-4.0 timeframe) using
PowerBuilder and a rather obscure language from Burroughs Corp. called LINC.

Lots of people got fired for buying Microsoft. :-P

[[Obligatory old-timer remark: back in the 80's, PowerBuilder and LINC were
called "fourth generation languages" - all of those eventually flopped. The
assumption with 4GL's was that business people were smart enough to actually
develop the logic for the applications they used. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.]]

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
Consultant and Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com