From: Bill Humphries [mailto:nt...@hedgedigger.com]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 3:41 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: ex2010 not delivering to yahoo.com addresses

Ha.  Thanks.  That put me in the right direction.  So, it looks like there was
a DNS issue.

SMTP,yahoo.com,>,DNS server returned ErrorRetry reported by 0.0.0.0

I checked the settings and the person who setup the system had the secondary
DNS server set to a decommissioned server's IP address.  I corrected that and
also gave the VM a restart.  Mail flowing to  yahoo.com correctly now.  I'm
surprised that the secondary DNS would be causing the issue...and since I
didn't test thinks before giving the server a bump, I can't really confirm that
fixed it, rather than just the restart.

Bill

Michael B. Smith wrote:
Sorry. That wasn't what you asked before. :-P :) Altho, if I was thinking
straight, (I'm not - I'm writing coursework this week and for the next several
weeks), I would've figured that out. Sorry.

You probably want to be looking at the connection logs, not message tracking.
By default, they live at C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange
Server\V14\TransportRoles\Logs\Connectivity - and they are enabled by default.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
Consultant and Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com