We have an SQL vm already setup using ISCSI point at luns on the san using the
equallogic mpio this is very straight forward to configure and works well. We
wont be clustering the file server it will be a single vm protected by the usua
vmware features. Its just the backend I am interested in. As I said I am well
aware of the available methods but I was interested if anyone had deployed a
large file server using vmfs volumes instead of iscsi mappings or rdms.