From: Mayo, Bill [mailto:bem...@pittcountync.gov]
Sent: 28 October 2010 16:46
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Virtualization of file server - storage recommendations.

The main benefit from using a VMDK would be snapshots, I imagine.  We
did a similar thing and I ultimately decided to mount the storage as a
raw LUN.  I chose that direction because I felt it was the most flexible
thing to do, and I was concerned about the extra overhead the VMDK added
in dealing with millions of files.