Cool, I was hoping there was an article like that someone would point out,
thanks!

Dave "suddenly feeling déjà vu" Lum

From: Webster [mailto:carlwebs...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 7:13 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Citrix or Windows Terminal Server?

"I'd love to hear why people would recommend Citrix over TS 2008"

http://www.dabcc.com/article.aspx?id=9771

At my previous employer, we had several customers that tried moving from
Presentation Server 4.5 to TS2008, gave up and moved back.  IMNSHO, TS2008 just
doesn't scale well for large enterprises unless you have some very experienced
people around.

Webster

From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]

Last I checked TS licensing was far cheaper than Citrix - see if there's a big
price delta. If yes, then see if there's any reason the cheaper solution
wouldn't work. If no big price difference do you have any in-house knowledge
that knows one app better than the other?  I am in the midst of standing up
2008 Terminal Servers to replace our aging Citrix Metaframe and 2008 R2 TS is
very easy to set up.

To add into this question, I'd love to hear why people would recommend Citrix
over TS 2008. TS 2008's application management is far better than previous
Terminal Server versions.