From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: 15 November 2010 16:53
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Workstation names and who it belongs to

How do you guys handle matching users to machines? We currently have a
PC naming standard of <firstinitial><lastname>-<model> but this
obviously doesn't scale. One possibility is putting the user name in the
description field in AD (I do this for %sidejob%), but I was wondering
if there was a better way to automatically get a machine <->user lookup.

How do you guys handle it?

David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 971.222.1025 // (Cell) 503.267.9764

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor
copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. QinetiQ may
monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for
the purposes of security. QinetiQ Limited (Registered in England
& Wales: Company Number: 3796233) Registered office: 85
Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6PD http://www.qinetiq.com.