From: David Lum <david....@nwea.org>
To: NT System Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Mon, November 15, 2010 10:52:46 AM
Subject: Workstation names and who it belongs to

How do you guys handle matching users to machines? We currently have a PC
naming
standard of <firstinitial><lastname>-<model> but this obviously doesn’t scale.
One possibility is putting the user name in the description field in AD (I do
this for %sidejob%), but I was wondering if there was a better way to
automatically get a machine <->user lookup.

How do you guys handle it?
David Lum// SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 971.222.1025// (Cell) 503.267.9764

~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~