From: Erik Goldoff [mailto:egold...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:29 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: DHCP reservations explained...

"I've seen more things go wrong (particularly in smaller networks) with DHCP
than with DNS.   (Admin deploys new networking device with DHCP server
functionality turned out, etc)"

Granted, I've seen that too, once or twice.  Rogue DHCP can be a threat
regardless, because if name resolution is working, and servers are statically
assigned, but workstations get rogue assignments, productivity is still
impacted ( although less systemically )

Kind of a pick your poison issue... choose based on your own comfort level with
the associated risks and then deal with it.
Erik Goldoff
IT  Consultant
Systems, Networks, & Security
'  Security is an ongoing process, not a one time event ! '