Also if you are compliance based organization, I would be asked what
experience they have working with PCI/SOX/GLBA/HIPAA/HITECH etc etc in
the design and setup of the systems they have supported.

I would also ask them the "soft skills" questions about how they
communicate both up the chain ( to Senior Management) and down the chain
( to operations, Desktop support etc etc)

But I do like the scenario based questions with the Lab to work on a
broken item to see how long it took to fix or where to go with it. (
Nice interactive Interview J)

One of my favorite Net engineer questions, is based on access lists,
basically do a dump of a router ACL and make them tell you based on this
scenario and the acl you have in front of you, why can't I get access to
this set of devices.

Also questions about ingress/egress filtering on firewalls, process
wrapper, routing protocol etc etc are fun. Hell throw in some IPV6
zingers for good measure.

Edward E. Ziots

CISSP, Network +, Security +

Network Engineer