>>The takeaway here: Don't use any *remote applications in the cloud*  for
anything you wouldn't want to see posted on the front page of the NY Times.

FTFY

This is much ado about nothing.  If your box is compromised, and you're
sharing things remotely, then you have more risks than if you weren't.

Feel free to suggest an authentication mechanism that would withstand the
initial premise of "your machine is exposed such that your config.db is
stolen".

Several of the comments, particularly those by alec
muffett<http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/unscrewing-security/2011/04/practical-dropbox-security-advice/index.htm>,
provide valuable information about the risk.

I'd welcome the ability to see where else systems are logged on to Dropbox,
but that's about the extent of my concern at this time.

*ASB *(Professional Bio <http://about.me/Andrew.S.Baker/bio>)
 *Technology Services that Maximize Business Results...

 *