It’s a common theme with dropbox and services like this.

Basically it comes down to how much risk that the organization is willing to
take, especially when it comes to information disclosure ( You are sending your
internal information (how sensitive? Who knows) to a third party service, which
you can't verify their controls, or whom else other than you has access to that
information, when it is sitting on their servers in whatever location on the
globe they reside, so do you really feel comfortable about this? You are going
to have to frame it in risk to the higher ups, and either make them accept it
in writing or advise them in writing of the slippery slope they are going down.
( Either way you cover your arse, especially if you are dealing with regulatory
entities that might find a security breach of the dropbox host, and the lack of
due-diligence/Due-care on your higher up parts to properly protect and security
the company crown jewels could lead to some serious fines/penalities and even
jail time in certain countries.

Edward E. Ziots
CISSP, Network +, Security +
Network Engineer