More hijacking - I can't seem to find any way of downloading the Tech
Preview of 6.5. Is it up on the Citrix website? I am logged in, and I recall
being able to download a Tech Preview of XenApp 6 prior to release...but I
seem to be having a bit of a fail day today. (It is the day after a Bank
Holiday, in my defence)

Cheers,

On 30 May 2011 03:23, Carl Webster <carlwebs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As you might expect, Citrix never gives release dates.
>
> Sorry
>

> Webster
>

> On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 1:14 PM, Rankin, James R <kz2...@googlemail.com>wrote:
>
>> Slight hijack - any idea what the official release date might be for 6.5?
>> I have been having a few issues with the stability of our Xen 6 farm and am
>> wondering if 6.5 might give me an opportunity to rebuild the whole thing to
>> a more robust level.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Typed frustratingly slowly on my BlackBerry® wireless device
>> ------------------------------
>> *From: * "Webster" <carlwebs...@gmail.com>
>> *Date: *Sat, 28 May 2011 22:54:48 -0500
>> *To: *NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
>> *ReplyTo: * "NT System Admin Issues" <
>> ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
>> *Subject: *RE: Xenapp 5.0 user freezing issue.
>>
>> XenApp 5 for Server 2003 32-bit is the most rock-stable product in the
>> Citrix product line-up.  It will be in use long after both Citrix and
>> Microsoft drop support.
>>
>> XenApp 5 for Server 2008, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, is the ugly
>> red-headed step child (my apologies to all you good looking red-headed
>> step-people on the list) of the XenApp product family.  It should be taken
>> out behind the woodshed and put out of its pathetic misery.
>>
>> XenApp 6 is stable depending on your Microsoft and Citrix public and
>> private hotfixes installed and whether you have 2008 R2 SP1 installed.
>>
>> Since XenApp 6.5 is now in Tech Preview, I can talk about it.  It is very
>> stable and requires 2008 R2 SP1.  There are some very major changes coming
>> to the XenApp product line.  You should download and play with this and read
>> the documentation.
>>
>> (You must now put on your read-between-the-lines reading glasses)
>>
>> It would be nice if Citrix made it easier to clone/image XenApp servers.
>> Especially automating the process of joining a XenApp farm.
>>
>> It would be nice if Citrix did away completely with the long-in-the-tooth
>> IMA architecture.
>>
>> It would be nice if Citrix made the XenApp product architecture more like
>> XenDesktop 5 SP1.
>>
>> It would be nice if Citrix finally released their very long in development
>> Universal Print Server.
>>
>> It would be nice if Citrix finally released their awesome multi-threaded
>> client software.
>>
>> It would be nice for the Linux folk if Citrix leveled the playing field
>> for the Windows and Linux clients.
>>
>> It would be nice if Citrix allowed you to display a Mac OS X desktop on
>> any device.
>>
>> Do not ask any questions about the above list.  Those are just the wishes
>> of me personally. J
>>
>> That is enough teasing for now.  You may now put back on your regular
>> glasses.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> Carl Webster

> [...]

"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able
rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such
a question."

*IMPORTANT: The information in this email is CONFIDENTIAL. If its contents
are disclosed in any way my lawyers will swoop down from black helicopters
like Seal Team Six and drag you away with a black bag over your head. They
will then take you to a secret prison and make you fight to the death with
other people who dared to share this email. You will be given a large bowie
knife and a supply of methamphetamines while I watch the said deathmatch and
wager vast sums of money on who will be the winner. If the fight becomes
boring or there is a stalemate, I will release rabid dogs and my two-stone
cat into the arena to liven things up a bit. If these animals become in any
way docile, I will squirt them with water pistols until they become a bit
more temperamental.*