It's been a while but in particular I'm thinking of the way Shake "auto"
smoothed the Tangent handles when you move a point - in that sense it was almost as good
as a B-Spline.
And secondly the number of ways you could customize the display of handles &
curves, stippling etc.
I love Nuke but in some areas of the UI across all the tools that share
commonality, splines in particular it's pretty inconsistent between modules and
somehow just seems pretty ugly a lot of the time.
I love Nuke - would not undertake serious work with anything else but sometime
I wish the fit and finish was a bit more well tended too ...

---
Andrew Mumford