On May 23, 2018 14:28:05 Matthew Brett <matthew.br...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can I ask what the plans are for supporting missing values, inside or
outside numpy?  Is there are successor to MaskedArray - and is this
part of the succession plan?

I am not aware of any concrete plans, maybe others can chime in?

It's a bit strange, the words that are used in this thread: "succession", "purification", "elimination", and "purge". I don't have my knife out for MaskedArrays; I merged a lot of Pierre's work myself. I simply suspect there may be a better and more supporting home/project configuration for it, perhaps still under the NumPy umbrella.

Best regards,
Stéfan