Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
> I recently got motivated to get better linear algebra for Python;

wonderful!

> To me that seems like the ideal way to split up code -- let NumPy/SciPy
> deal with the array-oriented world and Sage the closer-to-mathematics
> notation.

well, maybe -- but there is a lot of call for pure-computational linear
algebra. I do hope you'll consider building the computational portion of
it in a way that might be included in numpy or scipy by itself in the
future.

Have you read this lengthy thread?

and these summary wikipages:

http://scipy.org/NewMatrixSpec
http://www.scipy.org/MatrixIndexing

Though it sounds a bit like you are going your own way with it anyway.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov