Dag,

Thanks for the link to your CEP.  This is the first time I've seen it.   You
probably referenced it before, but I hadn't seen it.

That CEP seems along the lines of what I was thinking of.    We can make scipy
follow that CEP and NumPy as well in places that it needs function pointers.

I can certainly get behind it with Numba and recommend it to SciPy (and write
the scipy.integrate.quad function to support it).

Thanks for the CEP.

-Travis