I sometimes get replies that are directed only to me.

Oftentimes it is a sender "error" to not have used Reply to All, so I
direct my response back to the list. Rarely it is about something the
senders deem confidential, where a pointed reply seems to make sense
(overriding would be bad).

Other than that, I think the mailing list service we get from alioth comes
"as is", not sure we can configure much about it. Can check, but not really
inclined to - let humans decide how to best post and what is correct for
each case :)

Jim