see below:

Mike Kershaw wrote:

> Unfortunately, this isn't new.

I did not think  it was since almost 2 years ago PSWN (and others)
http://www.pswn.gov/admin/librarydocs11/Wireless_data_networking_standards_802_11.pdf
)
identified this weakness in addition to a slew of others to 1st
responders who contemplated
using un-protected spectrum for "Mission Critical" applications.

Looi's message just reiterates what we in wireless have know for

>"Any organization  that continues to use the standard wireless
technology, 802.11b, to operate
> critical infrastructure could be considered negligent."

Sometimes it takes a red flag in the main stream media from the leaders
of the academic establishment before the message it hits
home in the public safety community.