Lars,
        Perhaps there is no subsidy in your case. I may have mis-understood.
If the municipality involved did not fund the fiber build with tax dollars,
and is making a profit on the network, which is necessary in order to
support and maintain the fiber network, then there is none. I do feel it
would be much better, more efficient, and more economical to have the
network operated and maintained by a commercial enterprise than a government
entity. As to the cost of your Internet connection, it sounds like a good
deal to me and I did not want to imply otherwise.
Jim