Look to the franchising issue to change, if not go away.  Due to the ILECs
entering the video market they are trying their very best NOT to have to
jump through all the hoops the cable company's were forced to.  They've
already gotten the law changed in Texas to where a company can apply for a
state wide franchise rather than have to apply for a franchise with each
municipality. Since municipal video franchises were just a way for the
munipalities to extort all kinds of services for free or discount in return
for the franchise, this should be at least some improvement. I'm sure the
cable company's are not going to sit still and allow this to change for
Verizon, Quest, and SBC(AT&T) and not have a level playing field so they
will do their utmost to be included in these changes or get the law changed
back so that the ILECs must compete with  the same rules.
Jim