Biggest debtor yes but not debt by proportion to GDP. Our debt is small when compared to our GDP. War debts let us have comparative safety on the streets to trade and partially keep up the value of the USD.

-=vic
---------------------------
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cienfuegos" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <nycwireless@lists.nycwireless.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:35 PM
Subject: [nycwireless] govt. subsidy and broadband

Lets try to keep our conversations down to earth please.

Those who are terrified about govt. subsidized broadband, rather than
repeating the erroneous and semi-religious mantra of the wonders of a
capitalist economy a little education on the subject would go a long
way.  The biggest debtor nation in the world is the USA, and where is
the outcry for the 40% of the gnp that goes to fund the pentagon and
other war related depts?

Lets keep it on the tech tip shall we, that is why signed on for this
mailing list.

Aias