If anyone has other ideas of where birding could be done, I'm sure we'd all
like to hear.

Assuming that we will not be able to get to the ocean, maybe next best would be to try any large school ballfields, sod/ potoato farms and lakes or ponds. I'm heading out to the Riverhead area now to see if Indian Island County Park is open- other spots that come to mind in that area would be the high schools at Riverhead and Westhampton, golf courses the Rte 51 and Northville Turnpike farms. Also, Lake Ronkonoma might be one of the larger bodies of water that might be accessible.

For those who want to bird vicariously, here are 3 webcams that are gibving ocean views. If an albatross flies by, you might actually be able to see it!

Mike Cooper
Ridge, LI, NY

Gilgo- stills- refreshed evry second or so

http://www.bungersurf.com/Bunger_Surfcam/

Shinnecock still picture updated every 15 minutes

http://www.lishore.org/shinnecock/webcam.htm

Montauk- watch about 20 seconds, then have to reload for an ad.

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/montauk-northeast_4268/