I just got back from the Riverhead area- Indian Island County Park is closed, and the attendant there told me that all Suffolk County parks are closed. Seems kind of extreme if true- there are parks that are no where near the coastline.

The golf course at Indian Island was open, but I didn't see any interesting birds there or along the Peconic in Riverhead. The school fields were completely empty of birds, and the Shoreham sod farm had just the usual suspects- Black-bellied Plovers, Killdeer, Semi Plovers and a small group of distant peeps.

Mike Cooper
Ridge, LI, NY