Didn't see MW or TVNZ chime in, or anyone offer a tech contact.Barry -
agreedD-- Don Gould5 Cargill PlaceRichmondChristchurch, New
ZealandMobile/Telegram: + 64 21 114 0699www.bowenvale.co.nz
-------- Original message --------From: Jodi Thomson <j...@webconnect.nz> Date:
23/11/20  12:10 pm  (GMT+12:00) To: nznog@list.waikato.ac.nz Subject: [nznog]
Re: 103.68.122.0/24 is announced in Christchurch
IMO if you're operating an ISP/RSP in New Zealand and you want your customers
to access NZ based GeoIP locked services then the onus is on you to ensure the
relevant providers whitelist your prefixes. Maxmind and other GeoDBs are only
as accurate as the data they're fed

I've had to contact both Mediaworks & TVNZ in the past over this and found them
pretty responsive it getting it sorted

Cheers
Jodi

Quoting Pete Mundy <p...@mac.geek.nz>:

It's not that there is no feasible way for an operator to determine it's an NZ
prefix - it's certainly determinable via existing means and the big players
already do it with these tests (such as latency) built directly into their web
apps.

It's merely a side effect of Mediaworks using g a poor quality technology for
their geolocation.

Just IMO, and I accept it's not even worth 2c :)

On 23/11/2020, at 11:17 AM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com>