Manish,

The callback matters when you combine it with the use of single use
tokens.  If an attacker can change the callback he can prevent the
honest application from asking for the token upgrade first and locking
him out.  The callback gives the attacker a way to know the precise
moment that the authentication has been granted and the token exchange
can be made.

Make sense?

Josh