On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 1:11 PM, J. Adam Moore <jadammo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem itself is REALLY
> specific: Phishing. Like fish in a barrel phishing. The solution is to
> take away their bullets, and is not to try and harden the barrels or
> educate the fish to dodge bullets.

The problem is very similar to phishing, in that it requires some
element of social engineering to exploit.  However, the current
protocol allows a phishing attack where everything the user sees is
completely in context and true.  The session fixation vulnerability
allows perfect phishing.

I just reread the protocol you proposed above, and I'm pretty sure it
doesn't actually fix the session fixation attack.  You need some kind
of a callback token passed through the user's browser back to the
consumer.  (If you were including that, sorry, I missed it.)