Yeah, I have that at my bank and it sucks all kinds of hell. Thank god
I can just Google my mother's maiden name to reset my password when
that fails. If a system is designed to work only by relying upon
people to not be stupid it will fail. You can't outwit a fool; only
fools try. I really need to finish my post on this. It has pictures
and everything. Should clear up some confusion people might have.

I am not saying that your method is forever flawed, but why change
OAuth when it works just fine? Remember, the problem we are facing is
still theoretical and the solution I proposed doesn't break anyones
current or past work or understanding.