On 5/1/09 3:06 PM, Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:
> They didn’t change the protocol version (as in ‘GET /something
> HTTP/1.1’) because it added no value and would have just broke the web.

Explain how rev'ing HTTP to 1.2 would have "broke the web" ... ?

And similarly, how does changing oauth_version to 1.1 "break" OAuth?
Can you actually outline an actual scenario where this happens?

I thought the whole point of the proposed change to OAuth is to _close a
security hole_.  That means, requests made to or from an implementation
of the previous specification are INSECURE and SHOULD NOT COMPLETE, PERIOD.

Or, have I learned a different definition of "security hole" than what
the OAuth community uses?

--
Dossy Shiobara              | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/