On 5/1/09 2:29 PM, Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:
 > There is a difference between what you name the specification and the
 > string value you put on the wire. My point is that there is no reason
 > to change what is transmitted on the wire. I also made the point that
 > not changing the wire string but changing the document version will be
 > more confusing. Changing both just because it helps with communication
 > with*people*  makes no sense.  Protocols are for*machines*  and those
 > do not need a new version number.

Considering that the changes being made to the OAuth specification MUST
break backwards compatibility -- as implementations of the current
unfixed specification are KNOWN to be insecure -- makes perfect
_technical_ sense to rev the version number on the wire to signify this.

Continuing to use the current, known insecure, specification is
negligent at best and nefarious at worst.

--
Dossy Shiobara              | do...@panoptic.com | http://dossy.org/